Spray tanning involves a high powered spray gun which is used to apply the spray tan in a mist all over the body. It’s a great way to look tanned instantly.
At Totally Polished we use Brown All Year, it is a natural, fully vegan tan and is made in New Zealand. Suitable for all skin types.
For Best Results
Before a spray tan:
What you need to consider ahead of your tanning appointment.
- Make sure you shower and exfoliate the day before.
- Do not apply any moisturiser or deodorant before your tanning appointment as these can form a barrier and it will reduce the ability to apply an even colour all over.
- If you usually wax or shave make sure you do this at least 1-2 days before.
- Wear loose clothes to your appointment.
- Bring jandals or similar open shoes for afterwards.
After care for spray tan:
- Wait 1-2hrs or 4-6hrs, depending which tan you go for, before having a shower.
- Try not to get caught in the rain following your appointment as raindrops may distort where the tan has been applied and you may end up with small dots where the rain has landed.
- Avoid washing your hands, if you need to do so just wash the palm of your hands.
- Try not to get hot or sweaty afterwards, no gym or running until after you have showered.
- Until you shower wear loose baggy clothes to ensure the tan can develop freely and not be rubbed off by tight clothing or bra straps.
- Once you have showered you will notice the bronzer washing away. Don’t get a fright if it looks like you have no tan as your tan will develop even after you have showered.
- Keep your skin well moisturised. The more you moisture the evenly your tan will fade.